- Moravia wins dual against Wayne
- Swim team preps for sectionals, honors former coach Sayres
- Reds fall to Ft. Madison, Kirksville
- Redettes fall on road to Clarke
- Moravia falls in OT against Lamoni
- Balanced scoring effort gives Reds win
- Big Reds claim 6th-straight win
- Bluegrass Conference Tourney begins Saturday
- Six Mat Club wrestlers claim titles
- Gonnerman signs with Marshalltown
Moravia girls advance in BGC tourney
- Updated: January 27, 2014
The Moravia Lady Mohawks girls’ basketball team are the only area squad that survived the first round of the Bluegrass Conference Tournament on Saturday.
Moravia beat Orient-Macksburg 61-37 in the first round to advance. They will play in Murray on Tuesday against Lamoni at 6 p.m.
In other BGC girls action, Seymour fell to Twin Cedars 53-35 and Moulton-Udell lost to Melcher-Dallas 51-24.
In girls’ consolation games, Moulton-Udell will play Mormon Trail and Seymour will play Orient-Macksburg on Tuesday at sites to be determined.
No area boys teams made it out of the first round with wins on Saturday. Moravia fell 70-23 to Ankeny Christian Academy. Moulton-Udell fell 62-54 against Iowa Christian while Seymour lost 75-18 to Grandview.
Moulton-Udell will play Seymour tonight at a to be determined location.
The semifinal and finals round of the tournament will be held in Seymour on Jan. 30, Jan. 31 and Feb. 1.