- Moravia wins dual against Wayne
- Swim team preps for sectionals, honors former coach Sayres
- Reds fall to Ft. Madison, Kirksville
- Redettes fall on road to Clarke
- Moravia falls in OT against Lamoni
- Balanced scoring effort gives Reds win
- Big Reds claim 6th-straight win
- Bluegrass Conference Tourney begins Saturday
- Six Mat Club wrestlers claim titles
- Gonnerman signs with Marshalltown
Moravia falls in OT against Lamoni
- Updated: January 30, 2014
The Moravia Lady Mohawks beat Orient-Macksburg 61-37 in the first round of the Bluegrass Conference Tournament on Saturday. However, they fell in a tight game against Lamoni on Tuesday in overtime, 65-62.
On Saturday, Moravia had two players end the night with double-doubles against Orient-Macksburg. Sophomore Autumn McDanel ended the night with a team high 22 points while racking up 11 steals. Freshman Payton Rogers recorded a 16-point, 16-rebound night for her double-double.
Moravia led by one point at the end of the first quarter against Orient-Macksburg. They extended their lead to 28-14 by the end of the first half. Moravia outscored Orient-Macksburg 33-23 in the second half.
Stats of Tuesday’s game against Lamoni was not available at press time. Moravia is scheduled to host Twin Cedars on Friday for a consolation game.
Murray will play Lamoni and Grandview Park Baptist will play Ankeny Christian on Friday in Seymour for the Bluegrass Conference semifinal round. The finals will be held on Saturday in Seymour.
Team and individual stats not available.
Emily Moore 0-4 2-8 2, Hannah Eastlick 6-15 0-2 12, Autumn McDanel 9-17 1-2 22, Ashlee Devore 1-3 1-3 3, Payton Rogers 6-16 4-9 16, Becca Albertson 1-3 0-0 2, Chrystal Albertson 1-2 2-2 4, Abby Vandeventer 0-0 0-0 0, Caitlyn Babbitt 0-1 0-0 0. Totals 24-61 10-26 61.
Orient-Macksburg 9 5 9 14 — 37
Moravia 10 18 17 16 — 61
3-Point Goals — Moravia 3-7 (McDanel 3-7). Rebounds — Moravia 44 (Rogers 16). Assists — Moravia 12 (McDanel 5). Steals — Moravia 14 (McDanel 11).