- Moravia wins dual against Wayne
- Swim team preps for sectionals, honors former coach Sayres
- Reds fall to Ft. Madison, Kirksville
- Redettes fall on road to Clarke
- Moravia falls in OT against Lamoni
- Balanced scoring effort gives Reds win
- Big Reds claim 6th-straight win
- Bluegrass Conference Tourney begins Saturday
- Six Mat Club wrestlers claim titles
- Gonnerman signs with Marshalltown
Wells leads Centerville at Corydon meet
- Updated: September 12, 2013
CORYDON — Centerville’s Matt Wells led area athletes running in Corydon on Sept. 5. Wells finished ninth overall in the high school varsity boys cross country race, with a time of 20:10.
The Redettes’ Bailey Witt recorded a top-15 finish, with a time of 19:10 good for 12th overall in the varsity girls class. Wayne’s Katelyn Campbell rounded out the top-15 with a time of 19:17 in the varsity girls race.
“I was pleased with the way we held up in the heat and ran hard,” Centerville coach Matt Kruzich said. “It was a good first race and it gives us a starting point to build on. Many of our kids have never raced this distance so I think the more experience they get the better they will perform.”
Centerville races at Lake Fisher in Davis County today at 4:30 p.m. They will travel to Oskaloosa next Thursday.