- Moravia wins dual against Wayne
- Swim team preps for sectionals, honors former coach Sayres
- Reds fall to Ft. Madison, Kirksville
- Redettes fall on road to Clarke
- Moravia falls in OT against Lamoni
- Balanced scoring effort gives Reds win
- Big Reds claim 6th-straight win
- Bluegrass Conference Tourney begins Saturday
- Six Mat Club wrestlers claim titles
- Gonnerman signs with Marshalltown
LL: Walnut Creek beats Johnston American 7-2
- Updated: August 1, 2013
Jackson Wentworth went 2-3, helping Walnut Creek to a 7-2 victory over Johnston American on Wednesday at Memorial Park Field two.
He doubled in the second inning and singled in the fourth inning.
Collin Jacobsen looked sharp on the mound. Collin held Johnston American hitless over 2 1/3 innings, allowed no earned runs, walked three and struck out three.
Walnut Creek never trailed after scoring two runs in the first on an RBI double by Jacob Barton and a groundout by Colby Shelton.
Johnston American pushed across one run in both the first inning and the third. In the first, Johnston American scored on an error, plating Jeremy Sly.
One run in the bottom of the third helped Johnston American close its deficit to 3-2. An RBI single by Cole Spurbeck gave Johnston American life. Cole Moss to end the Johnston American threat.
Walnut Creek added three more runs in the top of the fifth. A sacrifice fly scored Andrew Ahrenkiel to get Walnut Creek on the board in the inning. That was followed up by Luke Lynch’s single, scoring Colby.
Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.