- Tri-County takes down Moravia
- Wayne falls to Twin Cedars
- Moulton takes tightly contested game over Seymour
- Stansberry leads Moulton to win with 26 points
- Two double-doubles give Wayne win over Twin Cedars
- Cochran ranked in The Predicament poll
- Redettes fall to Ft. Madison in home opener
- Fourth quarter run gives Bloodhounds win
- Oskaloosa wins defensive, double-overtime struggle with Centerville
- Wayne opens season with win over Melcher
LL: Monroe County best Boone National in shootout, 17-11
- Updated: August 1, 2013
The bats were busy at Memorial Park Field one on Wednesday, and when the dust cleared Monroe County had a 17-11 win over Boone National in six innings.
The teams banged out 19 hits hits between them, as well as five for extra bases.
Fourteen runs in the opening three innings allowed Monroe County to easily put away Boone National. An RBI single by Tein Thiravong, a bases loaded walk by Jackson DeMoss, and an RBI single by Jaden Hugen during the first inning and an error, an RBI single by Jackson, a passed ball, a groundout by Chase Maddison, and an error in the second inning fueled Monroe County’s offense early.
Monroe County starter Nate Wynn struggled, allowing five in 3 1/3 innings, but the bullpen gave up six runs and the offense banged out 11 to pick up the slack and secure the win for Monroe County.
Jackson racked up four RBIs on two hits for Monroe County.
Five relief pitchers didn’t loosen their grasp on the win as they finished off the game for Monroe County. Travis Sheffield faced six batters in relief, while Hunter DeMoss managed to record two outs to aid the victory.
Monroe County scored five runs of its own in the second.
A nine-run fourth inning helped bring Boone National within four. An RBI single by Joby Hull, a two-run error, a two-run single by Evan Behn, a bases loaded walk, a walk by Cooper Carson, an RBI single by Joby, and an RBI single by Kolson Kruse triggered Boone National’s comeback. Hunter ended the inning by getting Kolby Moorman to strike out.
Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.