- Moravia wins dual against Wayne
- Swim team preps for sectionals, honors former coach Sayres
- Reds fall to Ft. Madison, Kirksville
- Redettes fall on road to Clarke
- Moravia falls in OT against Lamoni
- Balanced scoring effort gives Reds win
- Big Reds claim 6th-straight win
- Bluegrass Conference Tourney begins Saturday
- Six Mat Club wrestlers claim titles
- Gonnerman signs with Marshalltown
LL: Early lead gives Appanoose County easy victory over Grinnell, 12-2
- Updated: August 1, 2013
Appanoose County shut the door early on Grinnell, capturing a 12-2 victory on Wednesday at Memorial Park Field two.
Six runs in the first three innings allowed Appanoose County to put the game away early.
An RBI single by Cannon Riggall and an RBI single by Korey Shondel during the first inning and an RBI single by Mason Bauman, a wild pitch, and an RBI single by Riggall in the second inning supplied the early offense for Appanoose County.
Mason led Appanoose County’s offensive threat, as he got on base three times in the game. He scored three runs and had one RBI.
Otis W looked sharp on the mound. Otis held Grinnell hitless over 2 1/3 innings, allowed no earned runs, walked one and struck out three.
Appanoose County survived Grinnell’s surge and put up five runs of its own in the fourth.
Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.