- Centerville falls to Fairfield
- Redettes fall in Schuyler County
- Mormon Trail beats Moulton 52-25
- Tri-County takes down Moravia
- Wayne falls to Twin Cedars
- Moulton takes tightly contested game over Seymour
- Stansberry leads Moulton to win with 26 points
- Two double-doubles give Wayne win over Twin Cedars
- Cochran ranked in The Predicament poll
- Redettes fall to Ft. Madison in home opener
LL Davenport North bests Morningside American 6-2 in extras
- Updated: August 1, 2013
A single, bringing home Noah Weiman and Jayden Noriega gave Davenport North the lead in the eighth inning, and Davenport North hung on to beat Morningside American 6-2 on Wednesday.
Lucas racked up three RBIs on two hits for Davenport North. He singled in the first and eighth innings.
Ethan Harrison brought the heat against Morningside American during his outing. Morningside American managed just two hits off of H, who allowed no earned runs, walked three and struck out six during his four innings of work.
Despite the loss, Morningside American’s Dalton Dubois dominated Davenport North’s batters, giving up two runs and striking out five.
In the top of the first, Davenport North grabbed the early lead, 2-0. Grayson Heiser started the rally for Davenport North with a single. Lucas singled, scoring Noah and Jayden.
Morningside American matched its one-run fifth inning with one more in the sixth. In the fifth, Morningside American scored on an RBI single by Kaleb Nutt, bringing home Caden Budde.
The game was never in doubt after the eighth, as Davenport North scored four runs on a two-run single by Lucas and two bases loaded walks.
Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.