- Moravia wins dual against Wayne
- Swim team preps for sectionals, honors former coach Sayres
- Reds fall to Ft. Madison, Kirksville
- Redettes fall on road to Clarke
- Moravia falls in OT against Lamoni
- Balanced scoring effort gives Reds win
- Big Reds claim 6th-straight win
- Bluegrass Conference Tourney begins Saturday
- Six Mat Club wrestlers claim titles
- Gonnerman signs with Marshalltown
LL: Appanoose, Walnut Creek will square away for state title
- Updated: August 1, 2013
There are still two days worth of pool play to go in the 2013 10U Little League State Tournament. However, with wins by Walnut Creek and Appanoose County on Wednesday, the two teams that will play for the state title are already known.
No possible scenario exists that would keep Appanoose and Walnut Creek from playing each other on Saturday for the state title.
Both teams are 5-0 in pool play. Davenport is the next closest team, with a 3-2 record. However, even if Davenport North were to win their remaining two teams and Walnut Creek and Appanoose County lose their remaining two games, Appanoose and Walnut Creek would still advance to the state title game based on the head-to-head competition tie breaker.
Appanoose plays Walnut Creek in pool play Thursday at 5 p.m. on field one. Appanoose will close pool play on Friday against Boone National at 7 p.m. on field one.
Walnut Creek closes on Friday with Grinnell on field two at 4 p.m.
The state title game will be contested at 1 p.m. Saturday on field one at Memorial Park. There is no admission charge for any games at the state tournament, per state tournament rules.