- Moravia wins dual against Wayne
- Swim team preps for sectionals, honors former coach Sayres
- Reds fall to Ft. Madison, Kirksville
- Redettes fall on road to Clarke
- Moravia falls in OT against Lamoni
- Balanced scoring effort gives Reds win
- Big Reds claim 6th-straight win
- Bluegrass Conference Tourney begins Saturday
- Six Mat Club wrestlers claim titles
- Gonnerman signs with Marshalltown
Walnut Creek uses big second inning to beat Monroe County, 9-2
- Updated: July 30, 2013
A six-run explosion in the second inning hoisted Walnut Creek to a 9-2 win in six innings over Monroe County at Memorial Park Field two on Tuesday.
Jackson Wentworth had a hot bat for Walnut Creek. Jackson went 3-4, drove in one and scored two runs. He doubled in the second inning and singled in the first and fifth innings.
Colby Shelton looked sharp on the mound. Monroe County managed just one hit off of S, who allowed no earned runs, walked one and struck out one during his three innings of work.
Monroe County jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in the top of the first. Monroe County pushed more runs across when T scored on a walk by Jackson DeMoss.
Walnut Creek didn’t relinquish the lead after scoring three runs in the first inning when it scored on a two-run error and a groundout by Collin Jacobsen.
“Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.” Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.